Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: OMSI 2 wrapper

Added to the Requests List Wink

[quote author=5-WES link=topic=779.msg2757#msg2757 date=1510304378]
OK, I purchased OMSI 2 yesterday, and when making a custom port in PK, I chose the latest wine engine, WS9WineStaging2.16, and made ''Steam'' a dependency. I also chose X11 as a window system. I installed Windows Steam, and activated OMSI 2 using the Steam key. It installed, and when I pressed PLAY, the OMSI 2 loading screen appeared. Then, an error popped up. I already asked in the aussiex.org OMSI forum, and an OMSI staff member said that the log file (I had posted there) said that there is a problem with compatibility.

Then, in this forum, I searched OMSI to find my thread, and I noticed that the word OMSI also appeared in the Requests List,
under "NEED 64 BIT SUPPORT".
I thought that the answer is to switch to the WS9WineStaging64Bit2.15 wine engine and just try it again, but that didn''t change anything.
Many thanks!
[/quote]

Using a 64 bit engine is a requirement for running 64 bit apps/games, but it does not mean that the app/game will work with any 64 bit engine Wink

It still needs to be tested, and winetricks installed if needed. Which are the debug run logs of that port?

[quote author=5-WES link=topic=779.msg2777#msg2777 date=1510738410]
Hi,
Could you please take a look at the logs? If yes, what could I do?
Thanks a lot! Smile
[/quote]

There isn''t much that I can take from those logs, but what I would try in my case is:
1. Disable steamwebhelper.dll in winecfg
2. Install the following winetricks: msxml3, dotnet35sp1 and dotnet40, in that exact order
3. Install the following winetricks: msxml3 and dotnet40, in that exact order

Methods 2 and 3 would require new wrappers, since they must be installed before Steam installs the game dependencies, which is before trying to run the game for the first time on Steam. Method 1 can be tested in your existing wrapper.

[quote author=5-WES link=topic=779.msg2779#msg2779 date=1510767167]
1. I''m not sure what you mean by winecfg, I assume you mean OMSI 2>Wineskin Tools>Wine Configuration, but I couldn''t find the steamwebhelper.dll there.
[/quote]

That''s correct. You need to add steamwebhelper (without the .dll) manually and then disable it.

[quote author=5-WES link=topic=779.msg2779#msg2779 date=1510767167]
2. For the other two methods, when creating a new wrapper, which engine would you recommend?
[/quote]

The same. WS9WineStaging64Bit2.15. When fixing the problems in a port you should keep the same engine, otherwise another engine may come with different new problems. If you see that the game simply won''t work with that engine, then you try a different one.

[quote author=5-WES link=topic=779.msg2781#msg2781 date=1510773865]
Okay, thanks a lot, but where can I add the steamwebhelper?
Sorry, but I''m not familiar with the winecfg. Thanks!
[/quote]

Just like in the attached picture Wink

Just press "Add", then press "Edit...", then check "Disable", then press "Ok" and "Ok".

[quote author=5-WES link=topic=779.msg2783#msg2783 date=1510836116]
Thanks! I tried all three methods, but neither of them work.
1st Method: I typed in steamwebhelper, pressed "Add", "Edit"..., checked "Disable", and I pressed "Ok" (twice), but it changed nothing.
2nd Method: I made a new wrapper (with the WS9WineStaging64Bit2.15 engine), installed Windows Steam, then closed Wine, ran and thereby installed the three Winetricks, installed OMSI 2, but then this error message came when it tried to start OMSI 2 for the first time (not even the OMSI 2 background came this time):

[Image: a249831ee30f97d46e46e0934cc00ada.jpg]

3rd. Method: I did exactly the same, I just installed the two Winetricks, but the same error appeared when I tried to start OMSI 2.

I really hope you have another idea how to proceed. :-\
[/quote]

Could you perform a Debug like you did before, but with a port created by one of the last two methods?

It seems that the last line (and maybe more) was cut.

Unfortunately, I don''t see much possibilities of what to do based in that log Tongue

In my case, I would try a different engine after finding a log like that one.

Still same diagnostic. I would try a different engine in my case Wink

[quote author=5-WES link=topic=779.msg2795#msg2795 date=1511040460]
Thanks for your reply!
I tried a different engine (the only other 64 Bit engine is WS9WineStaging64Bit2.14),
but this gave the same error as the Winetricks methods gave when first starting OMSI 2.
I also tried adding and disabling steamwebhelper, but again, that did nothing.
Is there anything else I could try? Thanks again!
[/quote]

Then I don''t have many options left Tongue

Specially because we don''t have many 64 bit engines.

[quote author=5-WES link=topic=779.msg2797#msg2797 date=1511086123]
I see.
I have also posted the question about that first error Zugriffsverletzung* bei Adresse 0059DCA5 in Modul ''Omsi.exe''. Lesen von Adresse 00000000. (* = access violation) on the aussiex.org forum (OMSI 2 section). I gave them the logfile (inside the wrapper, under Steam/steamapps/common/OMSI 2), and an OMSI 2 staff member answered that the log file says there''s a problem with compatibility. For further info, here''s the link:
http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topi...ortby=date
[/quote]

Well, that log gives me a different idea. Try using the d3dx9 winetrick, or the directx9 winetrick. The second one is more complete, but it''s bigger, and the first one is usually sufficient. You can''t install both in the same wrapper.

[quote author=5-WES link=topic=779.msg2797#msg2797 date=1511086123]
So, I got an idea:
Do you have any contact to the one/ones who are making these engines?
If yes, maybe you could give me the contact link, so I can ask them if they
could make an engine which fixes the issues and is suitable for OMSI 2?
Thanks a lot!
[/quote]

Brainzyy is the one who makes our 64 bit engines Smile

He''s one of the Forum Staff members.