Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a Custom EXE

Hello,

I''m fairly new and inexperienced with porting and am currently stuck. I''m trying to have two EXE''s launch, but have had no success so far. In this case I have Need for Speed Most Wanted and a trainer for the game that I want to launch together. From what I have seen so far, I should be able to do this with the "Custom EXE Creator" tool in Wineskin, but I don''t know how to do this. Any help is appreciated.

There is an easier method. Drag the trainer EXE and drop it in the Porting Kit library. Porting Kit will give you the option to create the custom EXE automatically Wink

I tried to add the trainer EXE by dragging and dropping, but am still having issues with it. Firstly, after I create the EXE shortcut for the trainer and go to launch it I get an error saying, "The app is corrupted. The executable is missing". When I check the shortcut''s properties though, is it directed to the correct EXE file. I can get the trainer to launch if I launch the "trainer.exe.app" from Finder, but once I do that, I am not able to launch Need for Speed: MW. It just won''t start and the trainer shows as Need for Speed: MW running.

[quote author=spsajewski13 link=topic=847.msg2590#msg2590 date=1506875665]
I tried to add the trainer EXE by dragging and dropping, but am still having issues with it. Firstly, after I create the EXE shortcut for the trainer and go to launch it I get an error saying, "The app is corrupted. The executable is missing". When I check the shortcut''s properties though, is it directed to the correct EXE file.
[/quote]

That''s probably a bug in PK. I will check that.

[quote author=spsajewski13 link=topic=847.msg2590#msg2590 date=1506875665]
I can get the trainer to launch if I launch the "trainer.exe.app" from Finder, but once I do that, I am not able to launch Need for Speed: MW. It just won''t start and the trainer shows as Need for Speed: MW running.
[/quote]

That''s part of the Wineskin behavior. You can launch the port and then a custom EXE, but not the opposite.

[quote author=vitormm link=topic=847.msg2591#msg2591 date=1506888250]
That''s part of the Wineskin behavior. You can launch the port and then a custom EXE, but not the opposite.
[/quote]

Ahh, good to know. Thanks for all the info and help.