Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Company of Heroes Eastern Front Mod DL: HOW?

Heya,

I can''t seem to find where to install the Eastern Front mod for Company of Heroes. The instructions say it should be in the steam wrapper, but I cannot find it. Anytime I click on anything store related on the steam wrapper, all I get are black windows. Please help!

Thanks
Joe

Bump. Please help.

[quote author=joekim564 link=topic=855.msg2618#msg2618 date=1507531012]
Anytime I click on anything store related on the steam wrapper, all I get are black windows.
[/quote]

In order to solve that specific bug, right-click the port in PK, press Properties and add " -no-cef-sandbox" (no quotes) to the end of the Run field.

[quote author=joekim564 link=topic=855.msg2618#msg2618 date=1507531012]
I can''t seem to find where to install the Eastern Front mod for Company of Heroes. The instructions say it should be in the steam wrapper, but I cannot find it.
[/quote]

The instructions say:
"To play it, simply install the free mod in the Company of Heroes Steam wrapper and play!"

Navigate to the Eastern Front DLC page after performing the fix that I mentioned above and install it Wink

Thanks for the reply. I did what you said and added that bit in the run field, but I’m still getting the black windows.. Any other suggestions?

I should also mention that the command you put was already in the run field when I first opened it up. So I removed it and then repasted it in which didn’t change anything

[quote author=joekim564 link=topic=855.msg2670#msg2670 date=1508215822]
Thanks for the reply. I did what you said and added that bit in the run field, but I’m still getting the black windows.. Any other suggestions?

I should also mention that the command you put was already in the run field when I first opened it up. So I removed it and then repasted it in which didn’t change anything
[/quote]

I guess another option is visiting the link with the native Steam, just to add it to your library. After that, you can install it directly from your library in the port.

I’ve actually tried this already, for some reason when I pull the DLC up in the store, it already says it is in the library when it really isn’t.. :’(

I understand there’s different types of Steam builds on PK, should I try a different one other than Build 1?

[quote author=joekim564 link=topic=855.msg2672#msg2672 date=1508310541]
I’ve actually tried this already, for some reason when I pull the DLC up in the store, it already says it is in the library when it really isn’t.. :’(

I understand there’s different types of Steam builds on PK, should I try a different one other than Build 1?
[/quote]

If the native Steam says it''s in your library, then it should be there somewhere Tongue

If you can''t see it in your library after adding it, then it''s a problem on Steam, or maybe you are looking at the wrong place (Steam library has many subsections). Could you please double-check if it isn''t there?

Yeah I’ve looked at each subsection multiple times (can’t even count how many anymore) in hopes it might be there. Looking online apparently it’s an issue with other people as well, some say it’s supposedly not compatible with the recent steam updates but I really don’t know..