Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read me first when using games in Portingkit!!

Important notes!

When using the Portingkit for your games you need to know a couple of things:

1. Always first download the GOG.com or Gamersgate setup file (when Wrapper only) into the “Download" folder before downloading the game file from the Portingkit. When downloading a gog.com setup file, do not use the "GOG.com Downloader" because it will create a folder in the download folder which not get automaticly detected by the Portingkit. When still doing so make sure you move the file(s) to the root “Download” folder first before running the portingkit download (WSI) file.

2. Most GOG.com installers end with a few error messagges, it won’t effect the game in any way.

3. ALWAYS click “Exit” after installation of a GOG.com game and don’t click “Launch”! When you do so, the installation won’t end properly and the start executable won’t be set! In that case you can’t launch the game the next time!. So NEVER click “launch" after installation of a GOG.com game.

4. Other game versions mentioned in the game description aren’t tested and are not quarenteed to work. There are never guarantees anyways, but at least you will know that it works at least for me and when having the same specs it will almost always work for you as well. So always check the ranking of the videocards. Its thats why really helpfull if you rank a game. It will help the community to see if a game works for them as well.

When you did the things mentioned here and still have trouble, post a topic in here so we can try to help out.

but what if we want port a game that''s not from gog.com?

Hi!

You can create a custom port. Or install the port and cancel the install when asked for setup exe or use your own setup exe. Remember that many versions needs different stuff in Wine. For example the Gamersgate installer in some times or Amazon installer, or you name it. Those installers require in many cases extra winetricks or adjustments. For GOG.com I know they work, I tested them, that''s way more certainty that it works for you.