Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C&C RA2 YURI’S REVENGE Please insert the correct CD-ROM

I got Red Alert 2 to install and play, however,

yuri’s revenge doesnt work even after i followed the instructions any help would be great. (I’m running the two disc version of TFD)

this was what i followed for instructions
http://paulthetall.com/red-alert-2-mac/

These are instructions to install using the DVD version. Maybe that''s the problem.

/Users/Josh/Desktop/Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 2.05.28 PM.png

this is what i have isnt it the dvd version? or is there another dvd version?

/Users/Josh/Desktop/Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 5.15.21 PM.png

(i hope these attachments are working….)

It looks like the attachments didnt work in my post above.

That picture is my game disc, its says game dvd on it.
Even tho im using the two disc version of TFD i believe the other disc is movies and what not.

Am i not using the correct dvd version? are there more than one dvd versions? (also i got red alert 2 to run but not the expansion pack yuri’s revenge)

Did you get the no-CD patch?

i did i used the one in the instructions, maybe i have a wrong version? also it wouldn’t extract on my mac so i extracted it on a windows computer does this matter? and on top of that when i extracted it the names of the files where strange so i renamed one of them to YURI.EXE (ifigured this was needed)

here is a picture of what the extracted files look like before i renamed them

Try to open rpg-ra11.nfo with a text editor. I probably contains instructions.

you are right there are instructions inside of it.

i cant exactly figure out what the instructions are telling me.
i posted a screen shot of it can you explain what its trying to tell me?

I installed and updated C&C on a windows computer (to 1.006 for RA2 and 1.001 for Yuri’s Revenge) and it ran just fine on the Windows computer. Then I re-installed on my mac and replaced the installed C&C folder with the (functional) Windows updated folder, it didn’t work. I added the NoCD files you linked to, and it still didn’t work. I replaced the .EXE files (YURI and gamemd) and it still wouldn’t get past the No CD error. Pls help :''(

Okay I installed the game and the same thing happened so i got my crack from my windows machine and Yuri''s revenge started working use this YURI.EXE just replace it with your and it should now work