Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyrim Special Edition

Skyrim Special Edition will be released this October. Will this be a new PortingKit install or a change of the current Skyrim wrapper?

That will depend. If the actual port works with Special Skyrim we won''t need to create a new one. Otherwise, we will create a separated one.

Hi,
Sorry for invading this topic I thought there is no need to open another one which would be the same.

I got this Skyrim Special Edition on Steam and it seems to be installing well in Porting Kit, then I press PLAY, it logs me into the Steam account and then it says "Wrong Platform, contact Steam support". I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or the "Special edition" is just not supported by Porting Kit yet? Should I have gotten the "Legendary Edition" instead?
I will appreciate any help please.
Thank you!

P.S: I have El Capitan

[quote author=jacket potato link=topic=212.msg1608#msg1608 date=1477954191]
Hi,
Sorry for invading this topic I thought there is no need to open another one which would be the same.

I got this Skyrim Special Edition on Steam and it seems to be installing well in Porting Kit, then I press PLAY, it logs me into the Steam account and then it says "Wrong Platform, contact Steam support". I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or the "Special edition" is just not supported by Porting Kit yet? Should I have gotten the "Legendary Edition" instead?
I will appreciate any help please.
Thank you!

P.S: I have El Capitan
[/quote]

The Wrong Platform error is because Skyrim Special Edition is 64bit windows only. This is in the early stages in Wine, so not really supported yet. Combined with the fact that it''s probably going to use directx11 which is even more in the early stages, it''s going to take a minimum of a year or more to be able to port this.

[quote author=Brainzyy link=topic=212.msg1610#msg1610 date=1477998036]
The Wrong Platform error is because Skyrim Special Edition is 64bit windows only. This is in the early stages in Wine, so not really supported yet. Combined with the fact that it''s probably going to use directx11 which is even more in the early stages, it''s going to take a minimum of a year or more to be able to port this.
[/quote]

Confirming that information. Skyrim Special Edition requires DirectX 11 as well. The Legendary Edition, in the other hand, works pretty well in our Skyrim port.

Thank you guys!

So does this mean there won’t be a port for it?

[quote author=Jacob link=topic=212.msg1860#msg1860 date=1483583893]
So does this mean there won’t be a port for it?
[/quote]
This means there won''t be a port for it UNTIL Wine has better support for Directx11.