Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age of Empires : Rise of Rome, UPatch HD 1.1 and Wineskin

Hi there !

As I have technical problems to play Age of Empires on Windows 10 (Thanks to the Geforce 8800GS of my iMac), I wanted to try the mod UPatch HD 1.1 with the Wineskin port of Age of Empire : Rise of Rome.

http://upatch-hd.weebly.com/

Sadly, I am not really skilled in the mastery of Wineskin and I did not achieve to make it work. Is there anyone amongst you who have achieved to make UPatch HD work on Wineskin ? If yes, can you give the instruction to make it work ? Thank you !

I haven''t tried, but considering that it says in the download page "The required NET Framework version will be installed automatically if you don''t have it." I assume you will need a .NET winetrick to make it work (most probably dotnet20, since it''s compatible with Windows XP SP2).

Apparently, it is NET Framework 4.0 that is required.

For the moment, I try to install it, I''ll come back when I have more news !

I have not done extensive testing, but it seems to work ! Thank you for the help, Vitormm !

It seems I have spoken too quickly. The game launches, the main menu works fully. But whenever I try to launch a solo game (I haven''t try multiplayer), it loads and then it freezes right at the start. (I see the villagers, the forum and all, but I cannot play.)

Could you please perform a Debug and show us the logs?

I have not found a Debug command in Wineskin, but I guess you were refering to the command "Test Run".

Here are the logs !

[quote author=Eleneithel link=topic=298.msg1390#msg1390 date=1474219930]
I have not found a Debug command in Wineskin, but I guess you were refering to the command "Test Run".

Here are the logs !
[/quote]

In fact, if you right click the game in PK, you will find a "Debug" option, which is the same has the Wineskin Test Run, however it''s faster to reach when you have PK opened Wink

I will check your logs.

Good to know! And thank you again for helping me !

Any news ?